Sr. IT Manager - APAC Operations
International Manufacturer with strong partnerships globally with IT office located in Tokyo.
The Sr. IT Program Manager will manage, define, and support the core business and back office applications required. The position will establish a focal point for understanding, organizing, and overseeing Corporate IT projects in the Asia region as they assist in insuring the business requirements are fully understood and met by insuring these requirements are documented and follow the standard change management processes laid out by the Corporate IT team.
The responsibility of this position is to lead and oversee teams working in all aspects of IT (ERP, Infrastructure, and IT relationship with the business). The Sr. Manager will coordinate projects locally with Operations, Sales, Marketing, HR, and Finance groups to assist the larger Corporate IT team be successful in the region with IT-centric projects.
This position will resolve semantic discrepancies in business requirements that arise among multiple sources, teams, and projects.
This role requires "hands on" leadership, hard work, and dedication to focus on a high level of customer service. In addition, a successful candidate must be able to oversee deployment of technology and ensure the continued operation or replacement of legacy hardware and systems.
- Continuously develops & streamlines PMO related processes for scalability. Innovates & brings ideas for adding value to our customers, the PMO team members, & the overall organization
- Establishes and integrates PMO measures, metrics, thresholds, and targets to drive performance in alignment with business strategies.
- Oversee multiple enterprise projects from initiation to successful completion in a fast-paced environment
- Manage project scope and completion of deliverables within project timelines
- Oversee and lead a diverse global team comprised of both internal members and 3rd party staff
- Broad understanding of all areas of IT Business Applications and ERP
- Enterprise IT experience
- Experience establishing and managing to metrics and KPIs
- Strong project management experience
- Maintain and enforce IT policy and procedures
- Interpret requirements, define subject area models that align with business models.
- Establish information alignment with business goals & objectives.
- Define, measure, and track departmental KPIs to maximize business insights.
- Work with Corporate IT to identify and "solve" business problems
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient working with ERP, HRMS, and FIN modules
- Experience with SalesForce CRM
- Proficient in SDLC & project management methodology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio).
- IT Leadership: Ability to contribute to the organizational strategic thinking beyond area of responsibility. Knowledge of methods for conducting activities which identify and address stakeholders' needs and consulting to and with the business on the application systems potential impacts. The right candidate will have experience leading technical design and data mapping along with overall financial analysis and planning. The candidate should have strong knowledge of both infrastructure and application systems; as well as understand how the 2 relate to support business processes. Manufacturing experience is a must for this role; specifically managing IT in a manufacturing environment who can align with global IT strategy and roadmap in APAC region while maintaining budgets and timelines.
- Communications: Strong communicator at all levels of the organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills; very strong in one-on-one communications within small and large groups. Influence is a key success factor for this role.
- Achievement Orientation: Knowledge of how the delivery of IT solutions can enable achievement of business requirements. Skills required include innovative problem solving; decision-making; execution expertise.
- Service Orientation: Working comprehension of research methods to evaluate stakeholder requirements and responses. Knowledge of the company's business practices and direction as well as familiarity with the company's products and resources.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT Management, Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- 8+ years of work experience managing Manufacturing, SCM, Sales, HR, and Finance business systems
- 3-5 years of extensive experience working with ERP, supply chain, planning, and forecasting
- Successful track record of managing large projects and IT initiatives.
- Practical knowledge of PMO concepts and development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of subject matter surrounding current and evolving application solutions, industry standards and best practices.
- Experience managing staff and leading a cross-functional team at an enterprise level.
- IT standards literacy: Previous experience with standards such as NIST framework, ITIL, COBIT, including compliance topics such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), ISO, ITAR, and DFARS is preferred.