Technical Writer - Washington DC
Title: Technical Writer
Company: This Technical Writer position is with a client of ours in their Washington DC location! The client deeply cares about their employees, and you will have the chance to learn/work with some of the top professionals in your field.
- Plan, write, edit, and maintain currency of operational, maintenance, and process/procedural documents for paper, multimedia, or web-based publication. Examples of documentation include system design documents, application specification documents, reports and dashboard specification documents, integration processes specification documents, and infrastructure requirements specification documents
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- Meet with subject matter experts to write, edit, index, or revise documentation of limited scope and technical complexity, and expand to detailed documentation as directed.
- Ensure adherence to specifications and participate in review of technical documents.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff about content, quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Review, proofread, or edit complex or technical documents written by others
- Advanced experience with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, graphics tools, including Adobe Captivate and/or Adobe Presenter, and basic internet browsers and searches
- Salesforce Lightning experience
- Sharepoint experience
- Tech Writing on Training Manuals
- Any knowledge with LMS and Skillsoft
- Clear understanding of enterprise technology.
- Fast, in-depth, self-directed learner
- Efficient and organized with a keen attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and address needs
- Ability to support to deliver IT training in-person and virtually to diverse audiences and group sizes
- Experience with gathering and converting data into a written narrative, including specification
Length: 6 Month Rolling Contract
Pay Rate: $55-60/hr
Interviews are being set up for the Technical Writer position in the client's Washington DC location. To be considered for this position you must email your most updated CV and set up a time to speak with me as soon as possible.
If this Technical Writer position is not the right fit for you but you have a friend that fits the role, please do refer them.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.