VBA Developer (CF-33972750)
The Expertise we're looking for
- BS or above in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of development experience with strong knowledge of Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase/SQL/Relational Databases is required
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum project environment with project team members in multiple locations, including offshore, is required
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design is a plus
- Proven experience crafting, building, and deploying applications in a DevOps environment using CI/CD tools
- Familiarity with actuarial science /Defined benefits domain is a plus
The Skills You Bring
- Work in a fast paced, highly matrix environment to achieve group goals
- Use business requirements to develop technical designs, define architectural strategies and solutions
- Partner optimally with your technology business partners
- Advise and guide more junior developers in their work
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Desire and interest in learning new technologies
The Value you deliver
- Take full responsibility on end-to-end work (analysis, design, develop, test and deploy)
- Work in an agile software delivery environment /Scrum.
- Analyze and convert complex retirement plan requirements and develop on Actuarial pension benefit validation platform that meets the scheduled release date provided using Excel, Visual Basic, VBA macros and Sybase.
- Complete detailed unit/acceptance testing and certification to ensure development is delivered on time and in conjunction with defined release management practices.
- Perform self-certification of the DB Actuarial pension benefit validation platform using XMLs, MSAccess and Sybase.
- Work closely with application owners, architecture and business sponsors
- Ensuring designs meet performance, security, usability, and reliability and scalability requirements.
EOE Statement: Specialist Staffing Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com