Global health insurance company.
You have a strong business expertise and an understanding of Data Science
You have a demonstrable experience in operational model implementation and monitoring.
You are aware of local industry challenges.
You will be managing a team of Data Scientists and organizing their work in interaction with the Regional Office and Head Office. You will be under the direct management of Japan's Chief Analytics Officer. Altogether, you will define and deploy the company's Analytics strategy.
You will conduct data analysis on customers and/or partners (both in-force and prospective) of insurance products of both life and non-life, identifying and using data stored (including those stored at subcontractors) or provided by partners as well as public data. Based on this analysis, both strategic direction and tactical action plan are recommended to the business in decision-making. You will also define the required data-centric environment required for an Analytics Culture (e.g. Collaboration, Data Empowerment, Data Engineering Support, Data visualization analytics tools and infrastructure) in collaboration with IT department and international group team
The Analytics Manager is the cornerstone of the Analytics transformation. You have the following missions:
- Leading Analytics cultural transformation within the organization.
- Working closely with the business to develop and uncover new Data usages and AI potentials
- Delivering benefit to the business units thanks to analytics-based projects.
- Translating business goals into metrics and estimating costs and ROI.
- Contribute to Analytics community and best practices sharing.
The Analytics Manager help translating business needs into models & algorithms until operational implementation:
- Promote Analytics and explain its impacts, limits, potential and requirements.
- Support business units to identify their most impactful Analytics use cases and help to transpose them into an operational data science project.
- In a close collaboration with the business, assess data availability, depth and quality in order to validate use cases' feasibility.
- Coordinate the implementation of perennial Analytics' solutions meeting all stakeholders' requirements, ensuring delivery's quality through best-in-class project management: planning, progress tracking, problem solving and issues escalation.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Experience about advanced Analytics implementations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated to solve complex issues
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work with multiple internal clients and complex processes
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Capability to interpret data scientist's language to business language.
- Proven agility and pleasure to work with data
- Demonstrable knowledge of Machine Learning with tools such as Python, R, …
- Knowledge of Data Visualization / Business Intelligence tools
- Master's degree in engineering, statistics, mathematics or similar field
- Knowledge about insurance/finance industry is a plus
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Ability to facilitate, manage and implement organizational, cultural changes and business transformation.
- Ability to identify the impact of business transformation and develop tools and the means to support change.
- Analytical Ability
- Ability to identify patterns across situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations.
- Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
- Ability to inspire and motivate people or teams, promoting enthusiasm and commitment, leading by example, emphasizing contributions and successes and giving meaning to their activities and objectives.
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to connect, establish and build relationships.
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Ability to work and collaborate with others.
Ability to give the appropriate level of information about their activities. Ability to respect differing points of view and seeks to build common ground with the diverse people and mindsets with whom he / she interacts.
- Personal Impact / Ability to influence
- Ability to persuade, influence, convince and engage others to take action or support an issue / objective, while taking into account the goals of the organization / company.
- Ability to obtain results when conflicting interests are at play, achieving targeted outcomes.
- Ability to maintain performance and sound judgement under pressure and/or opposition (e.g. time pressure).
- Ability to deliver / Results driven
- Ability to demonstrate clear motivation to get things done, to achieve results and to translate decisions and ideas into action, within the constraints defined (including timeframe).
Specific Qualifications Required
- Minimum 5 years working experience. Work experience in financial institution and consulting firm is a plus.
- University degree or equivalent. Master degree and/or MBA is a plus.
- Professional level of English communication skill (verbal and written)