Global company with a great vision. They specialise in disruptive technology in the MedTech market
International environment that would suit candidates who wants a good work/life balance, and to be part of global projects working with team members all over the world.
We aim to create industry defining software and are looking for core team members to join us in this endeavour and many more to come.
We're looking to hire up to an Engineer to join us in our office in Shibuya,Tokyo to work on mobile health care and first aid applications.
The candidate will be responsible of developing new features, fix bugs, maintain the code clean and the tests updated.
Current applications are written in Java/Kotlin so experience with these languages is a required.
The development is done using Android Studio and a plethora of libraries/tools such as android-annotations, GreenDAO, and Retrofit.
All the applications communicate with remote servers that speak different protocols (HTTP/ XMPP) and message formats (JSON/XML).
Knowledge of these protocols and formats is desired. Projects source is kept in Git repositories and the issues/features/milestones are managed using Gitlab/Github. The candidate should be familiar with these tools and branching development process.
【Perks / Services Offered】
- Visa support（we prepare and apply for you）
- Finding new home support, and introduce real estate agent
- Moving fee support if moving to Japan
- Annual home coming leave and home coming support fee - we will pay for you and your family to fly home once a year and give you additional time off
- Conference support, if you want to attend a conference -in japan or outside we will pay for you to go
- Learning support - We provide free Japanese/English Lessons and will buy any tech related books you would like to study
- Regular salary reviews
- No overtime
Successful candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years Android application development using Android SDKs
- Deep Knowledge of Java (or Kotlin) and Android Studio.
- Experience working with remote data via REST HTTP APIs.
- Experience designing, parsing and generating JSON and XML messages.
- Unit and integration testing.
- Capable of writing large Android applications with complex UX interactions and designs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. iOS/Back-end developers and designers) to define, design, and ship new features.
Knowledge and experience considered a plus:
- Experience creating Android libraries and repositories.
- Experience using in-App purchase APIs.
- Experience working with libraries such as GreenDAO, Retrofit and android-annotations.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle. From design to publication using the Play Store Development Console.
- Android UI design and UX best practices.
- XMPP Protocol and XML messages.