OS 365 Consultant
Japanese manufacturer headquarted in Tokyo with global markets. Company is expanding and investing in transforming their internal IT systems and practices to support business side.
This is a position in Global IT, to work internal consulting and business analysis with OS 365 Business Suite in within the group company. We have recently implemented and rolled out this OS 365 software package (SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.) globally, and we are looking for a person with strong knowledge of this platform and its functions to educate internal users in Japan to utilize best practices and maximize usage. This person will also work closely with overseas IT strategy to develop these best practice strategies and localize to the Japanese business.
- Focus on education, promotion, training for best practice with internal users to maximize usage of OS 365 Business Suite. Conduct business analysis, review usage of these applications by internal users and best practices will affect their tasks and responsibilities.
- Consult and promote to users to maximize usage of these applications that improve internal communications, sharing of data, reduce errors, efficiency and task management. Train users to navigate software, access menus and best understand functions.
- Report to and coordinate with IT Manager in Germany, support IT strategy, localize and implement in Japan. Work closely with internal stakeholders in IT, utilize local support and resources to implement these strategies in Japan.
- Identify, trouble shoot, and solve issues when needed. Be proactive to identify areas that need improvement. Provide technical support to internal users when needed.
- Provide insight and personal knowhow to improve or modify strategies. Utilize your understanding of local resources and current business practices to consult overseas IT team members how best to implement these strategies in Japan.
- Achieve targets, work diligently to accomplish both short term and long term goals and targets.
- Manage projects, provide leadership and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, establish clear initiatives and encourage cooperation to ensure project success and meet deadlines.
- University Bachelors or Master Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent
- Fluent communication skills in both Japanese and English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Several years of experience in either IT Consulting, Project management and/ or Administration with OS 365 platform. Individuals with experience as either a Consultant, Business Analyst or Internal IT Engineer is preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and knowhow of OS 365 platforms, deep understanding of best practices with functions and menus and how to best utilize along with everyday tasks and responsibilities. Configuration, implementation and/or administration experience with these systems is preferred.
- Able to coordinate with local and overseas IT, cross function manage internal stake holders, establish strong relationships and partnerships. Experience working with overseas IT strategy is preferred.
- A strong ability to identify problems, provide solutions and support, with team members in different countries, across different levels in the organization.
- Project management experience and skills, able to evaluate, delegate, and roadmap projects, meet deadlines, and accomplish goals.
- Structured approach, with strong collaborative skills.
- Able to travel to Gunma office (once a week for first few months to consult internal users) and overseas business trips.