We are currently seeking an IT Support Analyst for The Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education. This will be a 3 month FTC working in a collaborative and positive environment in the centre of Reading.
The OIA is the designated operator of the student complaints scheme for higher education in England and Wales and is a recognised authority in developing good practice in the handling of student complaints. Since its inception in 2004 the OIA has grown significantly and earned the trust and respect of higher education providers, student organisations and Government. Since 2015, in addition to universities, alternative providers, FE colleges (for the higher education students) and providers of School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITTs) are also covered by the OIA Scheme. Following the Higher Education & Research Act 2017 there will be further expansion in the OIA's membership in 2018.
What will you be doing?
Enabling technology to effectively support the organisation's goals and objectives. The role will be varied and include the administration and development of IT systems as well as the day to day resolution of hardware and software issues. You will work in a predominantly Microsoft Windows, Windows Server and Office 365 environment together with other analysts.
High level of impact in preventing or limiting business interruption relating to IT issues. Also contributing to regular weekly meetings with manager to prioritise key objectives for the week ahead. Outside of this there is discretion in how support issues are addressed and resolved.
- Contribute to projects delivering improvements to organisation's IT hardware and software.
- Contribute to implementation of initiatives which improve the organisation's IT effectiveness.
- Maintain a knowledge base of common IT issues and how to resolve them.
- Produce and communicate technical guidance written and verbal (Hint & Tips) to help improve colleague's ability to meet targets.
- Provide technical input into the organisation's IT development strategy.Hardware and Software Support
- Provide hardware and software support to staff on day to day IT issues in the office and their home locations.
- From time to time, provide out of hours support when required to staff and third party engineers.
- Proactively problem solve more complicated IT issues with the assistance of fellow analysts and external IT consultants where required.
- Deal with issues with the internet telephone & call recording system including liaising with the suppliers to ensure any issues are addressed effectively.
- Assist the team in organising routine tasks, maintenance and upgrades when appropriate to the organisation's IT infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the physical and virtual environment of the organisation's network.
- Proactively monitor the server environment functionality and health.
- Complete emergency maintenance and machine restarts when required.
- Configure and troubleshoot issues with staff workstations.
- Operate and maintain the security of the network and file recovery system
- Provide general operational support to the business as required.
- Produce and keep up to date logs of all IT related licensing, purchasing and support.
If you'd like to join a collaborative technical team and working for a respected organisation is for you, then get in touch today! We will share the full job description/person specification with you.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales